Thursday, May 3, 2007

Finishing and Moving On







Finished!



(Sitting on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Hey! Both book and bunny are Ravenclaw movie colors!)
Well, I finally finished my first Jelly Bean. I stitched up all the pieces and stuffed and put it all together but it took some time for me to put a face on it. I carried it back and forth from work to home hoping to finish it up, but I just couldn't do it. It remained faceless for a week. As you can see from the photo why I took so long; I hate sewing! If you could see my seams on the body you would see I have no patience for it (or a clue to what I am doing). After all of this, I am still going to try to make my Hufflepuff Jelly Bean. (yes I am a glutton for punishment!) My friend took pity on me and volunteered to put the face on the next one. Yea for me!

I changed quite a bit from the original specifications. I changed the yarn color and changed (well, messed up) the eyes. I decided not to use the required doll eyes because this first bunny was going to go to my 5 year old. I didn't want to take a chance that my 6 month old got a hold of it.

Ok, moving on to better things!

I joined two different swap groups, Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap and Sockapalooza4. I have both of my swap pals information so now I need to get yarn for my swap projects. My first focus is my HSKS pal, since this needs to be shipped out next month (June). I need to make a bag of some kind and then purchase the rest of the items to ship. I decided on the bag pattern....very simple and a quick knit, but I plan to felt it. This will be the first time I have felted a project. I hope I don't screw this up, since I don't have a lot of time. I am excited to try it though. It has been something I have been thinking of doing for a while now. see Vibe Tote. I plan to modify it of course, since I have to make the bag in my pals house colors (a fellow Hufflepuff!) Vibe does not have a yellow color. Too bad since it is a two tone color yarn, the second is black.


No comments: