This post has been sitting in the edit for some time. I thought I would just add the new HSKS trivia to it. (really posted on 6/6/07)
Trivia:"Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies." Who says this? Voldemort
Missed this one:
Trivia - May 27 through June 2
Who are the two people speaking in this quote and what book is it from? Order of the Phoenix
"I'm not trying to say what she did was sensible. I'm just trying to make you see how she was feeling at the time." Hermione "You should write a book, translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them." Ron
It has been a while since I have blogged. My personal time is pretty limited and lately I have been using the time to catch up with my knitting projects. I am working hard on my HSKS bag. I couldn't seem to focus on any one pattern, so I am making it up as I go along. I wanted to show my work, but I don't want to spoil it for my swap partner, so I will just post a picture of the yarn I am using.
Black and yellow are not my favorite combination, but the project is turning out pretty good so far.
For some time now I have owed Chan and Shannon my answers to the "tag" game.
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. Here are my facts:
1. My husband and I call each other "butthead". I know, it is a bit crazy but it works. We can use it in a fun sweet way and when we are annoyed.
2. I miss having a pet and my daughter wants a pet, but my husband is allergic to dogs and cats (and probably everything else). I have/had a dog, Jack Russell, but she is at my mom's house and has been for many years. She isn't really mine any more. I see so many cute little dogs and wish we could have one. A toy poodle or dachshund. I grew up with two miniature poodles and I use to dress them in my clothes and we would have a tea party.
3. I am diabetic (type 2) and have low thyroid. I got all this after my first child (daughter) was born. I still eat sweets because I can't resist, especially dark chocolate!
4. I love to read and used to collect first editions. Now I spend the money on yarn instead of books.
5. I have a tattoo on my lower back. It is the astrological sign for a Taurus circled by a wreath of leaves.
6. My favorite treat is Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino® Blended Crème, full of fat and sugar, but yummy! This is my alternative to ice cream.
7. I'm going to knit socks for Sockapalooza4, but I have never knitted socks before. As the dead line gets closer I keep wondering why I joined the swap! (A little freaking here)