Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update

Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap-

I finally ordered some yarn for the the bag from Knitpicks. I decided to go for some of their felting wool. I'm not positive that I will felt it, since, as I said before, I have never felted before. I don't want to mess up, especially since I am running out of time. I already know what I plan to fill the bag with, and plan to buy most of it next month. See sidebar with changes (again) to bag plans.

Summer Dishcloth Swap-

I'm working now on the dishcloth and really like how it is turning out. I hope my swap pal likes the color I picked. I went with something bright and summer like. I think it goes well with the pattern. I have also decided on what I am going to include with this and most will be purchased next month. Maybe I will post a picture, but I'd hate to spoil it for my pal if she peeks. Oh, I can't resist showing off...here is a picture:



Out of 10 pictures this is the one that was the best. My camera is not very good at close-ups. It is hard to see how nice the pattern is. It is called Diamond Drops from my 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar.At least the color was fairly accurate.


Sockapalooza4-

Well, this one took awhile, but I finally ordered some yarn. (I'll let you guess the color) I have never used this yarn before and I have never made socks before....so wish me luck! I am really excited about finally making socks. Joining this swap is just what I needed, something to force me to make socks. You know....just do it, kind of thing.

Well, I've got a lot planned and I'm really looking forward to all these new experiences. I wish I had joined swaps before I had my second child. I would have had more time. Oh well, it doesn't matter now, I'll just keep working at it and it will get done! I claim not to have time to knit, so how am I getting all this blogging time in? hmmm....guess I'm not sleeping much any more. (Coffee, my new best friend!)

No comments: