Friday, April 20, 2007

Knitting or reading?

Here it is 5 days later from my last post about knitting Jelly Bean and I haven't worked on it at all. I should be done with it already, but I got caught up reading all the Harry Potter books. A couple of months ago I decided to reread the series to lead up to the last book coming out in July. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was suppose to read a book a month, but...well...I just couldn't stop! Here I am half way through book #5 now and find that if I keep going at this same rate, I will be done with #6 next month! Too soon!

So, I am forcing myself to put down the book and go back to knitting. But I can't get HP off my mind, so to satisfy my craving I have browsed around Harry Potter sites and found quite a few KALs! I joined Charmed Knits KAL and just need to buy some yarn to make the hat. I don't have any yellow (Yes I was sorted into Hufflepuff) and need to find just the right color. I think the Hufflepuff color was referred to as "canary yellow". I'm also hoping to hear back from another KAL. I'll let you know if I get in.


While I'm looking around for the right yellow, I need to finish up Jelly Bean because I already have too many unfinished projects hanging around. I almost forgot that I need some felt and buttons for the eyes and some stuffing! Guess I have a big shopping list for this weekend.

No comments: