Monday, April 16, 2007

Fun with Jelly Bean

I had a chance over the weekend to do a little bit of work on my Jelly Bean pattern. Once I got past all the increases, I really enjoyed it!

I didn't have any green and pink yarn, and I didn't want to buy any, so I made some changes to the color. I scrounged around my stash to find something suitable. I really don't have a very good stash. I have mostly cotton yarn for my washcloths and novelty yarn I just pick up because I like it and hope to use it some time. I really envy the knitter who can go through their stash and make just about anything. I have yet to achieve anything like that.
As you can see the photo above, I used one of my novelty yarns. It,s a very soft fuzzy yarn and will definitely add a different look. I have just enough left for the arms. I'm glad I didn't throw it out. It really wasn't big enough for a whole project, but just enough for this little accent. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. As I mentioned before, it's my first knitted toy and I'm finding it really easy to make. (I hope I still enjoy it when the time comes to stitch it all up)

No comments: